TRACER Webinar on the 1st of April 2022 from 10 to 11 am CET
This webinar focused on how the three pillars of the EU’s Just Transition Mechanism can support public and private stakeholders in coal regions to finance their regions’ energy transition without leaving anyone behind. In addition to financial instruments, the discussion touched upon supporting elements including advisory services and capacity building. The event’s full recording can be viewed here.
The event was organised under the TRACER project and it was well attended by partners and stakeholders from the tracer coal regions in transition, as well as energy experts, CSOs and renewable energy federations. A full list of participants can accessed here.
- Moderation: Nicolas de la Vega, Policy & Project Officer in EUREC and TRACER Partner
- Welcome & introduction: Rita Mergner, Senior Project Manager at WIP Renewable Energies and TRACER Coordinator – See presentation
- Update on Territorial Just Transition Plans for funding under the Just Transition Mechanism: Sander Happaerts, Policy Officer at DG REGIO in the European Commission – See presentation
- Supporting the Just Transition Mechanism: Comprehensive proposal of the EIB Group: Hubert Strauss, Lead Economist, Projects Directorate – Regional Development Division, European Investment Bank- See presentation
- Q&A session: 20 minutes
- Closing: Nicolas de la Vega, Policy & Project Officer in EUREC and TRACER partner